Friday, July 29, 2011

There are two sides to every story.....

There are always two sides to every story….
Recently I adopted the mantra that every circumstance is an opportunity to think brilliantly. Why? Because wrong thinking makes way for negative behavior and I do not want my behavior to be negative. I have learned over the years and especially most recently that there is a reason the Bible tells us to take every thought captive. Our thoughts can advance us or hinder us. I have been taking a lot of thoughts captive over the past two weeks…and sometimes I don’t even know what to think but I do believe it is impossible to stop thinking altogether. I’ve tried that before, to sit still and clear my mind. It’s quite an impossible task, especially with a five year old somewhere in the house.
There are two sides to every story so I tried to place myself in the shoes of those who betrayed me. I wanted to look at the situation from their side to see if I could somehow understand their thought process but it was dark on that side and I couldn’t for the life of me see how they justified their actions. So, since I am responsible for my behavior and how I respond to certain situations I decided not to dwell on the hurt, the betrayal or the pain, but to just move ahead with life and my dreams. To forgive everyone everything and to get on with my life. Why? Because I do not have the right to be wounded but the right to be healed. Basically I haven’t got time for the pain. My starting place determines my outcome and my starting place is Christ in me the full expectation of glory. I asked for the mind of Christ in this situation and I immediately received peace. I remembered one of my favorite selections from the book The Alchemist;
Before a dream is realized the soul of the world tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we have learned as we move toward that dream. That’s the point at which most people give up. It’s the point at which as we say in the language of the desert, one dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon
I have been dreaming for a long time now. I have a calling on my life and I am working hard toward that calling. My mother told me I was delusional, I don’t think I am. It’s a little thing called faith and without faith it’s impossible to see what God is doing. Maybe that’s why I wake up every morning with a huge surge of joy because everyday I live is a day closer to this dream and every day closer is a fresh and new encounter with God as he leads me to it.
I think that’s a pretty brilliant thought.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment